The Overview tab provides aggregate performance data for applications, job views, and reach, as well as helpful recommendations to improve your job's performance.
Features available only to Premium partners are indicated by an asterisk (*). For more information, please check out this resource.
Access the job posting overview tab
1. Click Jobs from the left navigation bar, then select the job you want to view the overview tab for.
2. The Overview tab will load by default.
Explore the overview tab
The job Overview tab is available for all postings, for all employers. The data is divided into three sections: Applicants, *Job Views, and Reach. Learn more about each section below.
The Applicants section displays insight for your posting's applicants. On the right side of the section, a recommendation may be given to improve the posting performance.
Click the hyperlinked text in the modal to take action, if desired.
Immediately below the Applicants heading are three tiles with counts for Total, Matching, and Invited to apply. Click on each tile to review relevant applicants.
The table graph below the tiles depicts the number of applications received over the past 30 days, with green for total applicants, blue for matching applicants, and purple for invited applicants.
- Hover your mouse over the table to review application counts per day.
Alternatively, you may click the blue text View table data below the table to view the data in list format instead. After reviewing the data, click Close in the lower-right corner of the pop-up modal.
If no one has applied for the job yet, this section displays "No applicants yet". You can take action by clicking on the options listed:
- Invite your matches to apply
- View recommended institutions to add to this job
Note: Job Views is only visible to users with the roles of Advocate, Recruiter (Advanced), Recruiter (Sourcer), Admin, and Owner.
This section displays two tiles below the heading for Total (all time) and Invited to apply.
Below the tiles is a table graph of job views per day for the last 30 days.
- Hover your mouse over the day for total views that day (in green) and views from invites (in purple).
- Alternatively, you may click the blue text View table data below the table to view the data in list format instead. After reviewing the data, click Close in the lower-right corner of the pop-up modal.
This section displays the message "No views yet" if no one has viewed the job. To help increase the number of job views, click on the blue hyperlinked text Try Inviting Matches to apply.
- Read more about Job Matches.
Core employers (and Premium partners without the appropriate role) will not be able to access this data. In this case, the message "Upgrade to find out how many times this job has been viewed" will display.
Reach provides the total count and percentage of students on Handshake that have access to your posting, broken down by Total and Matching.
Below the heading are the tiles for Total and Matching. Click on the Matching tile to access the Matches tab.
Below the tiles is a donut graph showing the job posting total reach and matching reach.
Total: the number of total students or alumni with Handshake accounts at institutions where this job is approved.
- Click the blue hyperlinked text View all institutions you posted to to review institutions or post the job to more institutions.
- Learn How to Post a Job to Additional Institutions.
Matching: the number of students or alumni in your Total Reach who also match all qualifications.
- Click the blue hyperlinked text View matches to access the Matches tab.
To learn more about the job posting page, refer to Navigating the Posting Page.