In Handshake, jobs that are posted to your institution must be approved by career services before your students can apply to the job. With the Job Automatic Approval option, jobs can be set to be automatically approved, unless they meet specific criteria. This creates a quick and efficient process to approve jobs posted to your institution, which will give your staff time to focus on other responsibilities. Manually approving jobs individually or in bulk is also an option. To learn more about these processes view Processing Job Posting Requests.
Note: Any Job Automatic Approval settings will not replace Auto Approve Jobs permissions that were previously set for a specific employer. If you have an employer that you already have set to have their jobs approved automatically, the criteria set in the Job Automatic Approval settings will not prevent the employer’s jobs from being auto approved. Learn more about the Auto Approve Jobs permissions here Employers and Jobs System Setup and Managing Employers.
Before modifying the Job Automatic Approval setting, you must ensure that you have the permissions on your account to make modifications to Job Automatic Approvals. Anyone with the Manage Staff permissions can make these changes on your account. To learn more about how to find a staff member and give them permissions, please visit Institution Settings: Career Services Staff Roles and Permissions.
- Enabling Job Automatic Approval Permissions
- Configuring the Settings for Job Automatic Approvals
- Automatically Approved Filter
Enabling Job Automatic Approval Permissions
1. If you have the Manage Staff permissions, after you’ve found the staff member you would like to give permissions to, click on the Roles tab.
2. Select the relevant Permission Group and scroll down to select Manage Job Automatic Approval.
3. At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes to grant this staff member the permission.
Now, this staff member can make modifications to the Job Automatic Approval settings.
Configuring the Settings for Job Automatic Approvals
1. Using the navigation panel on the left-hand side of the screen, select Jobs, located under the Postings category.
2. At the top of the Job Postings page, click the gear icon to access the Job approval settings.
3. This will bring you to the pop-up to Configure automatic approval for jobs. The toggle must be enabled to make modifications to the Review Criteria.
Note: The Review Criteria represents jobs that your institution does not wish to have automatically approved. These will not be automatically approved and will require manual approval.
- Job type
- Job role
- Job duration
- Employer industry
- Employment type
- Employer label
- Salary Type
Followed by two checkbox selections:
- Paid jobs without estimated pay
- Paid jobs without pay range
- Jobs outside the United Kingdom
Note: If you wish to filter on jobs with any salary info provided, please select Paid jobs without estimated pay and Paid jobs without pay range.
Note: These criteria use OR logic - jobs that meet any of your selected criteria will be withheld from the auto-approval process.
4. The following pop-up will appear after you've applied the settings; to confirm whether you would like to move forward with these changes. The changes will apply to your institution. Click Confirm to proceed.
Now, when you receive a job posting that does not meet the criteria selected, that job will be automatically approved.
Automatically Approved filter
You can filter for which jobs are automatically approved after jobs are approved through Job Automatic Approval. Click on Jobs from the navigation bar on the left-side of the screen. Be sure to click on the Approved tab to view the jobs approved by your institution.
Select the Automatically Approved filter under the Other section on the left-side of the page. This option is not available under the Expired Posting Tab.
This filter will display all jobs that have been automatically approved. The filter will show jobs that were approved through the Job Automatic Approvals and the jobs that were automatically approved based on employer settings. This filter only appears on the Approved Status Tab.
Article is closed for comments.