The Job Details page provides information and actions you can take related to a specific job posting. You can make edits to the job information fields for jobs that are posted to your institution only, so the posting best represents information that you'd like to get across to your students. We will explore the different aspects of the Job Details page in this article.
Table of Contents:
- Employer, Expiration, Applicants
- Social Media
- Preview Link
- Approval status, Apply Start, and Expiration Date
- Job information fields
- Exceptions for institutions
- Hiring Team
- Exceptions for institutions
This section will explain all of the fields and sections related to the left side of the page.
Employer, Expiration, Applicants:
- Employer: The name of the Employer. Click this to be directed to the Employer’s page in Handshake
- Expiration: The expiration date and time for the job posting
- Applicants: The number of students that have applied to this job in Handshake
- Like or Share on Facebook, X, LinkedIn or via Email: Clicking one of the icons will open a new window to complete the process.
- Select a Label: Choose a previously created label from the dropdown menu
- Create New Label: Create a new label in the pop-up box that appears. To learn more about creating labels, please refer to Institution Settings: Labels
This is a link to the job posting for any student that might not have a Handshake account or is not currently signed in. The student won’t be able to apply using this link, but they can access the general job posting information.
- Add an Applicant: Add an applicant to this job posting. Note: An applicant added this way might override the qualifications set for the job posting
- View & Add Notes: View and Add Notes that can be accessible by other Career Services members from your institution
- Browse Applicants: Directs you to manage applicants on the job posting
- Create Interview for this Job: Begins the process of creating an interview schedule. Learn more in the help centre article Building an Interview Schedule in Handshake
- Duplicate this Job: Create a copy of this job posting
- Pin item: You can use this action to pin the job to students' homepage. Institution Settings: Pin an Item
- Flag this Employer: Refer to Handshake's Flagging System for more information about flagging employers
- New Attachment: Use the pop-up box to attach a file to the job posting.
Note: You can select the word Attachments to access all the attachments currently used for this posting and delete them if necessary.
This section will explain all of the fields and sections related to the centre of the job posting page. In order to make changes to any of these fields, you will need to click the Edit button in the top right corner of the section.
The approval status can be updated by anyone at your institution with the To learn about the Approval status field, please refer to the From the job posting’s overview page section of this article: Processing Job Posting Requests.
Apply Start and Expiration Dates:
The Apply Start and Expiration Dates will be listed. You can identify the information here, and scroll down to make changes to these dates under the Application Process section.
Note: The Apply Start Date and Expiration Date cannot have more than 365 days between them. Expiration dates can be updated if the job is posted to your institution, and your institution only.
Job information fields:
Job information fields pertain to specific information about the job posting. These fields can be editable by your institution. You can select the Edit button with the pencil icon on the right of any section to make modifications to the job details. These edits will only be reflected at your institution.
The following Employer article provides in-depth information about these fields. You can click on each of the headers up to Your Hiring Team for information about the fields: How to Post a Job.
Exceptions for institutions:
Sometimes there are exceptions as to what institutions can edit on jobs. This section will cover those topics.
As an institution, you can add or edit unlimited additional Hiring Team members. These can be contacts, they do not need to be users only. To learn more about the difference between contacts and users, please refer to Contacts vs. Users