Schools partnered with Handshake are responsible for approving or declining employer requests to connect, and each has different guidelines when choosing which jobs and employers to approve.
To learn how you can receive approval by schools, refer to How Can I Get Approved By Schools?.
Schools rely on several factors when considering approval, including the type of jobs posted by the employer, their history with the employer, and how established the employer is, to name a few.
Once you post a job to a school, or contact the school to ask to be proactively approved, your request will remain in a pending status until the school decides whether to approve or decline your request.
If your job or request to connect is approved, the school may grant you additional permissions.
- Post Events
- Post Interview Schedules
- Post Work Study Jobs
The school can also decide to auto-approve all jobs posted by your employer, as well as interview schedules.
1. Click Schools from the left navigation bar, then click the Your Employer's Schools tab.
2. Use the filters on the left sidebar to refine your search results.
Core employers have access to the following filters:
- Keyword search
- This defines how you can interact with the school in Handshake, e.g., post jobs, post events.
- Students in the Handshake Open Network attend 4-year accredited institutions in the United States who have not directly purchased and partnered with Handshake.
- Community and Technical Colleges
*Premium partners have access to the additional tab:
- Includes Minority-Serving Institutions (nationally recognized colleges and universities that educate students of color), and Women's Colleges (undergraduate, bachelor's degree-granting institutions whose student populations are composed exclusively or almost exclusively of women).
3. Once the school is located, click directly on the school name to access their profile and view your permissions.
4. Navigate to the School Approval section on the school's profile. Your permissions are outlined to the right of the section.