There are two options when approving new users to connect to your company on Handshake:
- You can either manually approve each request as they come in, OR
- You can set Handshake to automatically approve requests that come from an email address with your domain, as long as there is only one company in Handshake tied to the domain. Learn more in How to Auto Approve Staff Members.
Note: this is an action that can only be performed by the Owner of a company profile. To learn more about Employer Roles, refer to A Guide to Employer Role Types in Handshake .
Manually Approve Teammates:
1. Click on the User Requests icon in the blue toolbar at in the upper-right corner of the screen, slightly to the left of your name.
2. A list of teammates waiting for approval to join the company profile will appear. You can toggle between lists of Waiting, Successful, Rejected, Fails, and All requests.
3. Click on the teammate's name to review the request details.
- Alternatively, you can click the three hash marks to the far right of the teammate's name you'd like to approve. A dropdown will populate where you can view the user, view their request, or quickly decline or ignore their request.
- Note: ignoring a request does not cancel the request–it simply hides it from your view.
If the teammate's email domain doesn't match your company's domain, an error message will appear:
"PLEASE NOTE: We could not verify that this user's email domain properly matches this company. Please do your due diligence in confirming this user actually belongs at this company and is not a fraudulent user before approving. You should NOT approve this person unless you are sure they legitimately work for this company."
4. Click on either Approve or Reject to take action on the request.
- If approved, the user will be automatically notified via email of their account's approval.
- No email is sent if the user is rejected.
Note: if you reject someone who later needs to be approved, you cannot undo your rejection from this screen. To help your teammate get connected, you can use the Invite Link from the Teammates page. Once the link is generated, your colleague will not need to create an account–just have them click the link, log in if prompted, and they will automatically connect. Learn about generating the link in How to Invite Staff Members to Join Handshake.
Article is closed for comments.