There are two options when approving new users to connect to your company on Handshake:
- You can either manually approve each request as they come in, OR
- You can set Handshake to automatically approve all requests that come from an email address with your domain, as long as there is only one company in Handshake tied to the domain.
Note: This is something that only the Owner of the company profile has the ability to perform.
To Manually Approve Teammates:
1. Log into Handshake and click on the User Requests icon in the top toolbar of your screen.
2. A list of teammates waiting for approval to join the company profile will appear. You can toggle between lists of Waiting, Successful, Rejected, Fails, and All requests.
3. Click on the teammate's name to review the request details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the user's account does not have an email address with a domain that matches with your company's, please proceed with extreme caution.
Alternatively, you can click the three hash marks to the far right of the teammate's name you'd like to approve. A dropdown will populate where you can view the user, view their request, quickly decline their request, or quickly ignore their request.
4. Click on either Approve or Reject to take action on the request. If approved, the user will be automatically notified via email of their account's approval. No email is sent if the user is rejected.
If the teammate's email domain does not match your company's domain, an error will appear:
"PLEASE NOTE: We could not verify that this user's email domain properly matches this company. Please do your due diligence in confirming this user actually belongs at this company and is not a fraudulent user before approving. You should NOT approve this person unless you are sure they legitimately work for this company."
Note: If you reject someone who later needs to be approved, you cannot undo your rejection from this screen. To help your team member get connected you can use the Invite Link from the Teammates page.