If you'd rather watch a video, please see our 2 Minute Training: How to Apply for a Job.
If you would like to apply for a job in Handshake follow the steps below:
- Click Jobs at the top of the screen
- Search for jobs that you are interested in
- Check out this article on searching for jobs: How to Search for Jobs and Internships
- Select the job that you are interested in applying to by clicking on View Details
- Review the details and qualifications for the job to make sure it is a good fit
- Pro tip: you can favorite a job if you're not quite ready to apply yet. This will all you to find the job again easily, in your favorited jobs.
- If you are ready to apply click Apply located on the right side of the screen
- Select the documents you would like to upload from your document library or upload documents directly from your computer
- Click the green Submit Application button when you are ready to submit your application
- If this job has additional application instructions, you will see a message with directions that you will need to follow to complete this application. Click any links here to be directed to the external site in another browser tab. Once you've successfully completed your external application, go back to your browser tab and click Finish
- You will see that your application has been submitted!
Why did I receive an application confirmation, but I didn't apply to the job? If you receive an email like the one above, but you didn't apply to the job, it's likely that the employer reviewed your profile on Handshake and manually added you to the interview schedule for this job; which adds you as an applicant to the attached job posting. Essentially, they believe you may be a good fit for this position, so they are inviting you to interview. However, you don't need to take a slot if you don't want to!