If you've had few or no responses to your job posting, there are a few steps you can take to improve your response rate.
1. Fill in all the information for your company profile and job postings. Students are much more likely to apply to a detailed job posted by a company with detailed information in Handshake.
- Learn How to build an employer brand early talent loves.
- Edit your company profile by following the steps in How do I edit my company information?.
- Check out our 5 tips to improve your job description to attract early talent.
2. Consider posting your job to more schools to widen your talent pool.
- Learn How to Post a Job to Additional Schools.
- Learn more about School Network Management: School Recommendations.
3. Search and message qualified students directly.
4. Lastly, if you've done all you can and your numbers are still lower than you'd like, reach out to the Career Services Center at each school, as they may have some thoughts on the lack of applicants, or suggestions to attract them.
- Find the contact information for a school's Career Services by clicking Schools from the left navigation bar, and then clicking on the name of the school in your Favorites or Your Employer school list.