Create School Lists on Handshake to manage your institution connections efficiently, discover new universities to connect with, and leverage your school strategy.
Learn more about School Network Management: Requesting, Adding, and Removing Schools.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
You can create School Lists on various tabs of the Schools page.
School Lists (tab)
1. Click on Schools from the left navigation bar. This will load School Network Management, which defaults to your School Lists. The page will display all School Lists created by teammates.
2. Click the plus (+) icon to create a new School List.
3. In the pop-up modal, enter the name of the new School List in the Name field, and then choose the schools you want to add to the list from the dropdown (optional).
4. Click the green button Create in the lower-right of the pop-up to save the new list.
Your Employer's Schools (tab)
All schools that your company is approved to recruit with will be listed. Use the filters on the left side of the page to narrow your results.
1. Check the box next to each desired school, click More from the header bar, then select New List from selected.
2. In the pop-up modal, enter the name of the new School List in the Name field, and then choose the schools you want to add to the list from the dropdown (optional).
3. Click the green button Create to save your School List.
School Explorer (tab)
The School Explorer module enables Premium partners to more efficiently partner with schools based on growth needs.
Employers can use the filters on the left of the page to identify schools with students that meet their selected preferences.
Tip: apply the filter Exclude schools you’re not approved at to only view approved schools.
Check the box next to each desired school name, then click the Add to List from the header bar.
Delete and Manage Lists
On the School Lists tab, click the list that needs to be managed or deleted, then click the three hashmarks to the right of Start Segment to Delete or Rename the list.
When deleting a School List, confirm the action in the pop-up modal, then click the green button Delete.
When renaming a School List, enter the name new in the field provided, then click the green button Save.
Employers can easily use their School Lists in their Jobs, Events, and Segments as preferred.
Add a School List to a Job
1. On the Schools tab, click the gray button +Add School List, then select the preferred School List(s).
2. Schools in the School List(s) selected will appear in the Schools table. Edit the details as desired.
1. Navigate to the specific job, then click the Schools tab.
2. Click the blue button Post to more schools, then click the gray button +Add School List.
3. Select the desired School List(s) and edit the details as desired.
Add a School List to an Event
1. Click Add School List below the field Invite schools to promote your event, then select the preferred School List(s).
- School Lists can only be added to events hosted off-campus or virtually. For additional details, refer to How to Request an Event.
2. Schools in the School List(s) selected will automatically appear in the field.
3. Edit the remaining details, then click the blue button Save at the bottom of the page to request your event.
Add a School List to a Segment
1. Navigate to Segments from the left navigation bar, then click the blue button Create Segment.
- For additional guidance, refer to How to Build a Segment.
2. Click Add School List below the field Schools, then select the preferred School List(s).
3. Edit the remaining details as desired, then click the blue button Save Segment in the upper-right corner of the page.
Article is closed for comments.