Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
- Campaign Creation
- Campaign Results
- Student Messaging Experience
- Clear, structured calls to action in Campaigns, to increase RSVP & applicant conversion rates.
- For the first time, tag external Jobs and Events from your CRM or ATS directly in Campaigns to measure sourced RSVPs & applications right in Handshake.
- Plus, collect a standardized ‘not interested’ signal for students who don’t take action, to help improve future Campaign targeting.
Note: you may click Save Draft in the upper-right corner of the page to save your progress at any time, without finalizing the campaign. You may navigate back to the draft through the Unscheduled tab on the Campaigns page.
1. Click Campaigns from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click on Create Campaign in the upper-right corner of the page.
2. Select a campaign type to proceed.
- Job: Promote jobs posted in Handshake, your applicant tracking system, or CRM
- Event: Invite students to RSVP to events such as info sessions, tech talks, and conferences
- Career fair - virtual: Invite students to sign up for sessions at a virtual career fair
- Note: If you've set 1:1 qualifications for your fair sessions, students must meet the selected qualifications in order to see available sessions. If a recipient indicates they cannot see available sessions, this is the likely cause!
- Career fair - booth: Invite students to RSVP to your career fair booth ahead of time
- Other: Promote your brand without tagging a job, career fair, or event
Examples of campaign types “Job”, “Event”, or "Career fairs"
If you select a campaign type other than "Other", you’ll be able to link to a job, fair, or event.
When you select a job campaign type, you'll be able to select the Related job if it's posted in Handshake. Click the dropdown to select from a list of active job postings.
If the job is not posted in Handshake (but is active in an applicant tracking system or CRM), you can select Job posting type: In external system, to enter the Job URL (required), Job title (required), and Job location (optional).
Note: regardless of posting location, you will only be able to attach one job posting per campaign.
When you select an event campaign type, you'll be able to select the Related Event if it's posted in Handshake. Click the dropdown to select from a list of events.
If the event is hosted outside of Handshake, select Event posting type: In external system to enter the Event posting URL, Event title, and Event location - check "This event is virtual (no location)" if your event is hosted virtually.
Career fair - virtual
Note: this type is intended exclusively for virtual fairs hosted on Handshake. The attachment in these campaigns will redirect students to sign-up for available group and/or 1:1 sessions. Please use Career fair - booth if the fair is virtual and facilitated outside of Handshake!
When you select the Career fair - virtual campaign type, you'll be able to select the Related virtual career fair. Click the dropdown to select from a list of fairs you've registered for.
Career fair - booth
Note: If a career fair is being hosted virtually but is not facilitated in Handshake (is hosted on a third party site), you should use this campaign type!
When you select the Career fair - booth campaign type, you'll be able to select the Related career fair. Click the dropdown to select from a list of fairs you've registered for.
Example of campaign type “Other”
If you select Other, you’ll see the exact same Campaign Creation form that you’ve used previously (just without the ability to tag a specific job or event).
3. After selecting the campaign type and linking any related items, you'll need to enter the below information, then click Next: Set Schedule in the lower-right of the page.
- Campaign Name (that only you and your teammates will see)
- Select a Related Ambassador (if applicable)
- Select the Segment to send your Campaign to
- Filter based on Engagement in Handshake in the last 6 months (optional)
- Viewed my company's content (any)
- Interested in similar employers
- Enter a Maximum audience size (if applicable)
- Review optional Exclusions (by default, all of these are selected to exclude students that..)
- Applied to a job at your company "within the last 1, 3, 6, or 12 months"
- Received a message from you "within the last 1, 3, 6, or 12 months"
- Received a message from anyone at your company "within the last 1, 3, 6, or 12 months"
- Students who aren't seeking job opportunities
- Students may indicate they are not currently looking for a job.
4. To compose your message, you'll need to enter more details:
- Schedule (select a time frame to send your campaign)
- Job: Send ahead of application deadline or Send on date
- Event & Fairs: Send before event/fair, Send after event/fair, or Send on date
- Tip: If you're promoting or reminding students the day-of the event or fair, select Send on date to send your campaign that day!
- Subject (if you do not enter a subject, the default text displayed will be the message subject)
- Tip: Checkout messaging templates to save time crafting frequently used messages: Campaigns: Create, Save, and Use Templates.
If you've attached an item and/or an ambassador to your campaign, the cards will be located on this page below the message text box.
5. Click Preview Message at any time to see how the message (and any cards) will appear to students.
6. If you'd like to send a followup message, select Add Follow-up Message at the bottom of this page.
- Exclude students who replied to this Campaign is checked by default, so if you'd like to message all recipients again, you'll need to uncheck this option.
- If you attached a Job, Event, or Fair, this is automatically included. Select Remove Attachment to not include this card.
Again, you may preview your followup message by clicking Preview Message on this page.
7. Click Next: Set Schedule to review the selected send date(s) and make any necessary adjustments. If you're ready to schedule the campaign, click Schedule Campaign in the lower-right corner.
If you’ve chosen a Job, Event, or Career Fair Campaign, you’ll see “sourced” numbers for every Campaign - regardless of whether you’ve tagged a Handshake job / event / fair, or an external job / event.
Student Messaging Experience
On web, students will see your messages exactly as you see them in your preview.
Student messages are also optimized for our iOS & Android apps to display your message and any attached cards.