Segments make it easier to identify and recruit students based on their major category highlighted on their profile.
Learn more about How to Build a Segment.
Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
The candidate filter Major Category indicates a student's current or past major categories.
- When using segment filters, the students included are determined by looking at all of the student's education details that they've made available on their Handshake profile.
- For example, if you're seeking BA candidates who majored in Business, the results may display students who have completed a B.A degree in that specific degree, and are in pursuit of a higher degree, e.g., Masters.
In the Major Category section, check the box to the left of each desired major category. You may select from the following options:
- TEM Only
- Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (TEM) majors are at the technical end of the spectrum with STEM. Examples include Mechnical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, and Human-Computer Interaction.
- Liberal Arts
As filters are added, a dynamic query will update with the number of students that meet the filters selected.
- Campaigns: Create a Job Campaign
- Campaigns: Create an Event, Fair or Branding Campaign
- Campaigns: Manage a Campaign
For a list of majors groups in each Major Category, please download the PDF attachment below.