Once your schedule has been created/claimed, you’ll be able to manage your schedule as needed.
- Editing Group Sessions
- Editing 1:1 Sessions (to Add 1:1 Session, Add or Edit 1:1 Session Qualifications)
- Reviewing Sessions Taken
- Managing session attendance and availability
To navigate to the fair schedule, click on Fairs from the left menu column, then click on the fair name that you have created a schedule for.
Click on the Schedule tab from the fair overview page.
Under Sessions, you’ll be able to see the number of sessions taken and open. Group and 1:1 sessions are listed in order of start time.
To the right of this page, you’ll see your name by default; click the dropdown menu to select another Team Member and view their schedule.
Editing Group Sessions
Cancel Group Sessions
In order to cancel a group session, all selected hosts must claim their schedule. If the schedule has not been claimed, then it may not be canceled.
Click the three dots menu to the far right of the session listing and select Cancel meeting.
Note: Student attendees are notified when schedules are canceled!
Add Group Sessions
1. Click the button for Manage Sessions, and click on Create new group session.
2. A pop-up will load that allows you to enter the following information:
- Are you using Handshake Video or another video tool? (Select one: Handshake video session or External video platform)
- If External video platform is selected, you will need to enter the URL in the Video URL text box that appears below Description.
- How many people from your team will host this event?
- Note: Set this number as high as possibly needed, so you may add other team members later!
- Which team members will be participating?
- Note: You can update this later, as long as the count selected above allows for additional hosts!
3. Click Create Group Session when you're ready to save the session.
Add Team Members to existing Group Sessions
1. Click the button for Manage Sessions, and click on Manage group sessions.
2. Click the first dropdown under Select Group Session, then choose the group session that you'd like to add team members to.
3. Once you've selected a group session, the current details will load on the pop-up. Check the count for "How many people from your team will host this event?" and update the count of the current number of hosts are taken. Click Confirm when you've adjusted details as needed.
For example: If you have two hosts presently and two team members selected, and you'd like to add a third host, you'll need to set this number to "3".
4. Click the button for More Actions, and click Add team member to group session.
5. Click to select the Group Session, then click to select the team member. When you've finished, click Confirm to save changes.
Switch Group Sessions selected video tool
1. Click the button for Manage Sessions, and click on Manage group sessions.
2. Select the Group Session you'd like to make changes for, and the current details will appear in the pop-up. Select the desired video option: Handshake video session or External video platform
3. If you select External video platform, you'll need to add the URL in the text field that appears.
4. Click Confirm to save your changes.
Editing 1:1 Sessions
If you have set 1:1 qualifications and are seeing a low number of signups from students, you can remove or edit qualifications to allow more students to participate.
- Note: Early in the school year, new/transfer students may not have data for GPA, have a Major selected, or a grad date entered. By selecting these preferences, students that are missing that data will not be able to sign up for your sessions.
For now, you will only be able to edit 1:1 session qualifications until the start time of the fair. Once the fair begins, qualifications cannot be changed. We are looking to allow this eventually.
1. If you'd like to add 1:1 sessions for team members or add/edit 1:1 qualifications, you'll need to click on the gray button Manage Team, located to the left of Manage Sessions.
2. On the first screen, if you are adding new team members that need 1:1 sessions, put a check next to their name on this page, then click Add Team to proceed.
3. Click Confirm team to progress past the group sessions page, and click Assign team to progress past the group session hosts page.
4. If you've added team members that you'd like to host 1:1 sessions, you can add 1:1 sessions for those team members on the next page by clicking Add 1:1 session.
If you'd like to add/edit required qualifications, click the three dots menu to the right on the row with the team member and click Edit required qualifications.
- You will not be able to remove team members from 1:1 sessions. If they will be unable to attend, the team member should mark the sessions as busy.
5. Click Assign team to proceed to the final step in managing the schedule and review your changes. If everything looks appropriate, click Confirm schedule and invite team to save your changes.
If you've added team members to group sessions or 1:1 sessions, those team members will now receive an email to claim their schedules.
Transfer a 1:1 Session to another team member
If you will be unable to attend the 1:1 Session you're scheduled for, you may transfer the schedule to another team member using the steps below.
Note: Currently we can only transfer the entire schedule and cannot transfer individual 1:1 sessions. The schedule can only be transferred to a team member who does not already have an existing schedule.
1. Click the button for Manage Sessions, and click on Transfer schedule to a team member.
2. You'll need to the team member's schedule to transfer and the team member it should be transferred to in the dropdown boxes.
3. Click Confirm when you're ready to save changes.
Change 1:1 sessions to externally hosted
If you experience trouble getting connected to a 1:1 session or you'd prefer to host the session outside of Handshake, you may update individual 1:1 sessions with an external URL using the steps below.
1. Click the three dots menu to the far right in the 1:1 session row, then click Switch to externally hosted video.
2. Enter the URL in the popup that loads, then click Add link in the lower-right corner of the popup.
Bulk clear 1:1 session qualifications
If you'd like to quickly remove 1:1 preferences for a team member's schedule, you may do so now by using the steps below. This is available before and during the fair!
1. Click the blue Manage Sessions button, then click Clear 1:1 Qualifications.
2. A popup will load for you to select the team member that needs preferences cleared. You can use the dropdown arrow to browse or start typing the team member's name.
3. Click Clear Qualifications to confirm the change.
Reviewing sessions taken
To see the student that has taken a 1:1 session, scroll through the list until you see the student name appear.
- You will be able to view this student’s profile by clicking the button View Profile, to the far right of their name.
- Click the three dots to see additional options: Cancel meeting and Send a message
- Best Practice: if you will be unable to attend a session, but a 1:1 session is already scheduled, send the student a message to let them know the situation and who they can reschedule with!
Group sessions will not display individual student information, however, you will be able to see a count of how many attendees have signed up. Note: the maximum number of participants per session is 50.
Note: If a group session needs to be canceled, only the fair registrant/schedule owner will be able to take this step, and the schedule host must have claimed the schedule, in order for the cancel meeting option to display:
Managing session attendance and availability
Note: You will only be able to edit attendance/availability for sessions that you are attending. You will not be able to update this for other team members.
Mark Group Sessions as Not Attending
1. For group sessions, you may click the three dots to the far right in that row, then click Mark as not attending if you are unable to attend that particular session.
2. In the confirmation that appears, you'll need to select to Keep Group Session (to cancel the action) or Remove from meeting (to proceed).
3. When you mark the session as not attending, the designated 30 minute window will have 1:1 sessions added - by default, they will be marked as busy. You may use the three dots menu to the right to set the sessions to Available.
Mark 1:1 Sessions as Busy
For 1:1 blocks, you are able to mark individual 10 minute sessions as busy by clicking the three dots to the far right in the row, then clicking Mark as busy.
Best Practice: Make sure you account for any needed breaks or lunches in your schedule by marking the corresponding session times as busy!