The School Explorer tab in School Network Management enables Premium partners to more efficiently partner with schools based on growth needs. Use the filters on the left of the page to identify schools with the largest population of students that match your strategy, then take action with those schools –– request to connect if not approved, and for approved schools, post a job or event, or create a new Segment or School List.
Please note: Premium features are for Handshake Premium accounts only. For more information, please check out this resource.
To access School Explorer, click Schools from the left navigation bar in Handshake, then click the tab for School Explorer –– the fourth tab to the right at the top of the page.
Select as many filters as desired from the available Page Filters:
- Keyword Search
- Location Interests
- School Year
- Major Category
- Community and Technical Colleges
- Institution Type
- Diversity and Inclusion Focused Organizations
- Graduation Date
- Past Companies
- Past Job Titles
- Organizations / Extracurriculars
Tip: some filters have a blue circle with an "i" next to them –– hover your pointer over this icon to learn more about the specific filter.
Once you've selected at least one filter, a section will load at the top of the page indicating the top suggested and total number of schools, along with additional Suggested School filters:
- Exclude schools already in Favorites
- Exclude schools you’re approved at
- Exclude schools you’re not approved at
Schools will be listed in order of which has the most matching students based on all selected filters.
To the far right in the school name row is your company's connection status with that school.
- Request: this is a gray button that, if clicked, will initiate a request to connect with this school.
- In Favorites: this indicates the school has approved your company to recruit, and you've added this school to your Favorites list.
- Add to Favorites: this indicates the school has approved your company to recruit and is a gray button that, if clicked, will add the school to your Favorites list.
For schools that have already approved your company, there are additional bulk actions available on this page. To access the bulk actions, check the box to the left of of the desired school name(s). Bulk actions will appear in place of the column headers:
- Start Segment with these schools
- Add to list
- New List from selected
- New Job from selected
- New Event from selected