You may receive messages from students in Handshake either in response to a message you sent the student, or if students initiate a message to you.
Students can initiate a message to employers from the following locations:
- Company Profile (if you are marked as "Visible on Company Profile")
- Jobs (if you allow students to view your profile and message you via a job)
- Career Fairs (as a follow-up after hosting a 1:1 session with the student)
- Campaigns - for Premium partners (if you’re an Advocate and are attached to a campaign)
Employers that do not want to be messaged, or do not want their staff to be messaged, should not do any of the following:
- Message students
- Be added as an Advocate to a campaign
- Have a 1:1 career fair session with a student
- Be visible on the company profile (this setting is off by default)
- Mark "Yes, allow students to view my profile and message me" on jobs
Article is closed for comments.