With thousands of employers posting collegiate hire jobs on the platform, Handshake can be an incredibly powerful tool for your internship and job searches. Taking time to understand Handshake's search functionality will help you identify the best jobs for you. This article will give you strategies and tips to help strengthen your search skills.
1. Start by clicking on Jobs in the upper-middle of your home page. The Job Search page will load by default.
Job search page:
On this page, there are various options available to view available jobs and narrow down your search.
- Search using keywords, job titles, or employers in the upper left search bar, under "Job Search".
- Search by city, state, or zip code in the upper right search bar, above "My Favorite Jobs".
- Please note that the location filter defaults to a 50 mile radius.
- Filter your search by job duration (full-time, part-time), as well as by job type (on-campus, internship).
- Click on Filters to see more filter options.
- Job types
- Paid roles only
- Work study
- Interviewing on campus
- Employer preferences
- Work authorization
- Job function
- Labeled by your school
Once you've added all desired search criteria, click See Jobs in the lower-right corner of the search/filter box.
Another great way to continue your search for jobs and internships is to create a saved search and set job alerts. You can learn how to use saved job search and alerts by checking out the following resources:
My Favorite Jobs
To favorite a job, click the star on the job posting.
To find these jobs again, click on My Favorite Jobs from the Job Search page.