If you would like to interview applicants on-campus, you will need to request an Interview Schedule at the institution you would like to interview applicants at. This article will walk you through the steps to do so!
Requesting an Interview Schedule
1. Use one of the methods below to open a new interview schedule request:
- Click On-Campus Interviews in the left navigation bar, then click the Request Interview Schedule tab in the upper right corner, or in the middle of this page.
- Click Request an Interview from your Home page.
2. This will take you directly to the "Basics" tab, where you will include all of the basic information for the Interview Schedule including:
- Institution: The institution you're requesting the interview schedule with.
- If the desired institution isn't listed, review the troubleshooting steps in Why can't I request an interview at an approved institution?
- Contacts: The interviewers from your company who will be present for the interviews.
- You’re welcome to include staff members at your company who do not have a Handshake profile.
- Name: Unique name of the interview. This is visible to the institution and applicants!
- Description: Describe the interview. Provide any information students might use to prepare for the interview including the format, the number of interviewers that will be present, etc. If you’ll administer a skills test or if you’d like the student to bring work samples to the interview, share that information here.
- Only allow students to apply to one job attached to the interview schedule: You can set this field once more than one job is attached to the schedule.
3. Once all of the above information is entered, click Timeline or Next from the tabs at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the "Timeline" page.
4. Select the date you are interested in interviewing applicants on. Use the arrows in the upper-middle of the page to navigate week by week, or click the displayed "Week of DATE" to quickly choose a future date.
5. When you select the date, enter the below information in the pop-up that appears, then click Add Date in the lower-right corner:
- Date: The day in which you would like to interview applicants
- An alternate date: In case the first date is not available at that institution.
- Requested room count: The number of rooms you will need for an on campus interview
- The institution may have a limit set on the number of rooms you can request; they may also limit which dates are available for interviews. If you have any questions about availability you can contact the career centre on the comments section on their institution page.
- Details: Anything else you'd like to communicate to the Career Centre (optional).
- If you have any extra details about what the rooms will be used for (especially if more than one room is needed), leave those here for the reviewer. For example "Two reviewers, one in each room".
6. Below the date selection, choose from the available timelines listed. Timelines determine how students can sign up for interview slots.
A brief description of each is provided–for details on how timelines are defined, check out Which interview timeline should I request?
7. Once your timeline is selected, select your interview time slot template. These are the time slots you would like to interview students in.
After you have selected your interview date, interview timeline, and interview slot template, click Jobs or Next from the tabs at the bottom of the screen to move forward with the request.
8. Here you will choose the job you would like to attach to this interview schedule. You have the option to:
- Create a New Job: Use this option to create a new job and new details, requirements and qualifications.
- Copy Job Details: Copy job details from an existing job. This will create a new job posting and will not import any job applicants.
- Use Existing Job: Use this option to attach an existing job and its current applicants to the interview schedule. Only active jobs will be available here, no expired jobs will be an option to select.
Note: If you are not ready to post a position you can click Remind me Later, this option will send you an email four days before the Apply Start Date reminding you to post a position and attach it to the schedule. A job will need to be added by this time.
9. Click Review or Next from the tabs at the bottom of the page to finalise your request. Review your interview dates and details and go back to any steps you would like to edit.
To edit, click the Edit button on the right side of the section you'd like to perform this action on.
When everything is complete, click the green button Request to submit to the institution.
Your interview schedule will now be sent to the institution you selected in the Basics section. Depending on the permissions you have at the institution, the interview will be automatically approved or it will go into a pending status. You will be notified when your schedule has been approved or declined.