You’ve been approved for an interview schedule at a school, and have started receiving applications. Great! Now what? This article will tell you how to manage your applicants for your preselect interview schedule.
First, you’ll need to get to your list of applicants:
- Click Interviews on the left hand navigation bar
- Click directly on the name of the interview you’d like to view applicants for.
- This will take you directly to this Interview's Details page. From here, click Review Applicants towards the middle of this page to be taken to the Applicants overview page.
This will bring you to the applicants page of this Interview. Now you’re ready to start taking actions on your applicants. From here, you can:
- Filter the list of applicants so you can view them by your specified attributes
- Perform “Bulk Actions” on multiple applicants at the same time
- Perform actions on individual students
- Select candidates to interview
- Designate selected applicants as “primary” or “alternate”
Bulk Actions are designed to help you take action on multiple applicants at the same time.
- To access Bulk Actions, check the checkbox next to each of the applicants you’d like to take action on. Checking even one box will cause the bulk actions options to appear at the top of the student list, where the column headers usually are.
- You can check all of the applicants by checking the topmost checkbox.
- Optional: You may also want to use filters to narrow your list of visible applicants.
Once you have applicants selected, click on More in the top tool bar to see a list of the bulk action(s) you can take. You can
- Message Applicants: You will only see this option if your Trust Score is 80 or higher.
- Download Application Packages: PDFs of Applicants documents
- Add label: You can tag your current applicants with a descriptive label (“Early Applicants” or “ for example). Later you’ll be able to search your entire applicant pool by any labels you apply. These labels will not be public to the applicants.
- Remove Label: If you’ve previously added labels you’d like to remove, you can do so here.
- Download Application Packages ZIP: You will can collect all the applicant data including names, email addresses, and grad dates into one .ZIP file.
- Download Applicant Data to CSV: You will can collect all the applicant data including names, email addresses, and grad dates into one .CSV file.
- Add Students to Interview Group: Learn how to use this feature in Adding Students to an Interview Group
- Remove Students from Interview Group: Remove students from an interview group you've set
- Mark Applicants as Primary: Select the candidates as primary candidates. At the top of the page you can view how many days until the primary candidates are notified and able to take slots.
- Mark Applicants as Alternate: Select the candidates as alternate. At the top of the page you can view how many days until the alternate candidates are notified and able to take slots.
- Mark Applicants as Hired: Hire these candidate(s) for this position.
Mark Applicants as Declined: Decline these candidate(s) for this position.
- Note: the declined applicant will not be notified of this action. If you’d like to follow up personally, you’ll need to do so manually.
Click the dropdown menu under Status to change the status of that Applicant. To select a student to interview you will need to click Make Alternate or Make Primary under Status.
You’ll see some or all of the following available actions:
Alternate: Make this student an Alternate candidate for this Interview Schedule
Primary: Make this student an Primary candidate for this Interview Schedule
Hired: Accept the candidate for this position.
- Reviewed: Make this student's application status Reviewed
Declined: Decline the candidate for this position.
- Pending: Clear the status of the applicant and set back to pending
To view the details of a student’s application, click directly on his or her name from the list. This will populate a window for you to review this student's details and documents they applied with.
You can always filter by status to see the students who are primary and alternates.
- Once a student has signed up for a slot in the schedule you will see their slot status change to include a green checked calendar icon. This makes it easy to analyze which students still need to sign up for an interview slot.