To interview students on-campus, you must request an Interview Schedule from the institution where you wish to interview students.
If you're unable to request an Interview Schedule at a specific institution , refer to Why can't I request an interview at an approved institution?.
Note: we highly suggest creating the job that will be attached, if not already, before requesting an interview schedule.
Request an interview schedule
1. Click on Interviews from the left navigation bar, then click Request Interview Schedule from the top-right corner of the page.
- Alternatively, you can click the blue button Request an Interview from the homepage.
2. On the Basics tab, complete the following fields:
- What institution would you like to interview at?
- Who from your company will be attending this interview?
- Add the teammates from your company who will be conducting the interviews.
- To add teammates that do not have a Handshake account, click the hyperlinked text Click Here to create a contact. For steps, refer to How to Create an External Contact.
- Interview Schedule Name
- Note: the interview's name will include the job titles, dates, and your company name.
- Interview Schedule Description
- Include any additional information about the schedule or your company you want to share with students and career services.
- If desired, check the box for Only allow students to apply to one job attached to this interview schedule?
3. Click the Timeline tab, or the blue button Next to proceed.
4. On the Timeline tab, select the date you would like to interview applicants. Click the displayed "Week of DATE" to choose a future date quickly, or use the arrows in the upper-middle of the page to navigate week by week.
5. In the pop-up modal, complete the following fields:
- Date: the day on which you would like to interview applicants.
- Alternate date: a different date in case the first date is not available at that institution.
- Requested room count: the number of rooms you will need for the interview.
- Note: the institution may have a cap on the number of rooms you can request. They may also limit which dates are available for interviews.
- Details: anything else you'd like to communicate to the Career Centre (optional).
- If you have any extra details about what the rooms will be used for (especially if more than one room is needed), leave those here for the reviewer. For example "Two reviewers, one in each room".
6. Once the fields are completed, click the blue button Add Date in the lower-right corner.
7. Next, choose your preferred timeline, which are pre-defined timelines provided by the institution. Timelines determine how students can sign up for interview slots. Check out Which interview timeline should I request?.
8. Once your timeline is selected, select your interview time slot template, which are pre-defined templates provided by the institution. Templates can be used for building out your schedule slots.
8. When finished, click the Jobs tab, or click the blue button Next to proceed.
9. On the Jobs tab, select a job(s) to attach to the interview schedule from the dropdown.
Note: candidates will not be able to apply unless there are approved jobs associated with your schedule.
- To remove a selected job, click the blue button Remove to the far right of the page.
- If you want to create a new job to attach, click the white blue Create a new job.
- Note: upon clicking, you will be redirected to the job form page were you can create a new job. However, the details added to the Request Interview Schedule form will not be saved.
- If you are not ready to post a position, you can click the blue button Next, then the green button Request to submit your request.
- An email will be sent to you 4 days before the Apply Start Date reminding you to post a position and attach it to the schedule. A job will need to be added by this time.
10. Once the job(s) is attached, click the Review tab, or the blue button Next.
11. On the Review tab, review and edit any details as necessary, then click the green button Request.
Your interview schedule will now be sent to the institution you selected for review and approval.
Depending on the permissions you have at the institution, the interview will be automatically approved or put into a pending status. You will be notified when your schedule has been approved or declined.