Handshake knows that students don’t have a lot of time, and the time that is available needs to be spent intentionally. Quick Apply reduces time spent on the application process by making it easier for students to focus on jobs that don’t require a lot of effort.
This option is available only if:
- You meet all of the employer's specified candidate preferences on the job AND
- There are no required documents OR
- There is only one required document (a CV), AND you have an approved or pending CV.
If you would like to learn more about other Apply methods, check out Apply for a Job in Handshake and Jobs: Apply Externally.
Quick Apply may be available on jobs displayed in various collections on your homepage. Click the blue text Quick Apply, immediately below the desired job.
Alternatively, from the job's detail page, you can also click the red button Quick Apply.
Clicking on Quick Apply from either location takes you directly to the final submission form.
- If there are no required documents, the popup will confirm no additional documents are required. Click the green Submit Application button to proceed.
- If a CV is required, the popup will load with the most recently uploaded resume (that is approved or pending) selected.
- If this is the most appropriate CV to include, click the green Submit Application button to proceed.
- If you'd prefer to attach a different CV, click the "X" to the far right of the CV's name, then choose a different CV via one of the options below:
- click the dropdown menu to select from all uploaded documents (approved or pending)
- click the blue button Upload New to add a new CV
- select one of the two most Recently Added CVs
- When you're ready, click the green Submit Application button to proceed.
When your application has been submitted successfully, an email confirmation is sent. For more information, check out Application Submitted: Email Confirmation.
Employer's can select candidate preferences per job, and preference matching is based on information in your Handshake profile. If you should be matching, learn how to make updates:
Some institutions that partner with Handshake choose to review uploaded CVs. Depending on your institution's preferences, documents that aren't approved may prevent the application from being fully submitted.
Here's an example of how this can appear in Handshake:
Document feedback and review preferences are customisable per institution, so we recommend contacting the career centre directly to learn more about the selected preferences.
For additional general information, check out Document Status in Handshake.
Article is closed for comments.