This article will help you understand the process of signing up for an on-campus employer account, as well as some tips for the best use of Handshake.
If you're a Career Services user looking to set up on-campus employment initially, please refer to this article instead On-Campus Employment Options in Handshake.
Tip: Before you get started, you'll want to find out if your school is using the company model or the divisions model, so you'll know how to proceed when it comes time to connect with a company profile.
Click on the links below to jump to the relevant article section:
- Set up your Handshake account
- Connect with a company profile
- Post an on-campus position
- Register to attend a career fair
Set up your Handshake account
Tip: When you sign up for the employer account, make sure that you use your school's .edu email address for the smoothest experience.
1. Use the following link to navigate to the new employer sign up page directly: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
2. Enter your email address and desired password.
Note: If you have an existing student or Career Services account linked to the same email address, you'll be prompted to enter you existing password once more. If not, you can move to the next step.
3. Enter the following information, then click on Next: Employer Guidelines.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Job Title
- Put a check next to the types of students you plan to recruit.
- Enter your Alma Mater and school year.
4. Review the employer guidelines, mark yes or no as appropriate for the Third Party Recruiter status, then click on Next: Confirm Email.
5. You'll see the following screen when the confirmation email has been sent successfully. Click the link in your email to confirm your email address and proceed with connecting to a company profile.
Connect with a company profile
If your school uses the divisions model for on-campus employment, then there will be one company profile in Handshake that you'll connect to. You'll need to click on the Request button to connect with the company.
Once connected, the Owner of that company profile will create a division for your department, which you will use on future job postings, events, or fair registrations.
If your school uses the company model, you'll see a list of company profiles when you log in, and a blue button for Create New Company toward the middle of the screen on the right side.
Once you click on that button, you'll be able to enter all the details for your company profile page.
Tip: It's a good idea to double-check with your school's Career Center to confirm if there's a naming convention for on-campus employer accounts!
After your new company profile is set up, you'll be prompted to connect with schools on Handshake. Search for the name of your school and request to connect, and then you'll be set to use Handshake.
Post an on-campus position
Once you're connected to a company profile and approved at a school, you'll be able to post an on-campus position for students.
For more details on posting a job, refer to this article.
When creating the new job, make sure you select the option for "On Campus Student Employment".
If you're using the Divisions Model, when you post a position, make sure that you select the appropriate division for your job in this form:
Register to attend a career fair
You'll be able to register to attend a career fair once your account is confirmed and you're connected to a company profile.
For more details on registering for a fair, please refer to this article.
If your school uses the Divisions Model, make sure that you select the correct registration division when you're signing up for the fair, located in the Basic Information section of the form: