If an employer in Handshake shares a public event or meeting link with you, and you do not have an account in Handshake yet, you may still register and attend the session by registering as a guest.
1. When you use an employer's public link, on the right of the screen are two prompts:
- Log in - If you already have a student account, please click this button and refer to the steps in Registering for an Event.
- Register as a guest - If you know you do not have an account in Handshake, click this button to proceed, then follow the steps below!
2. When you click Register as a guest, a pop-up will appear prompting for some more information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Confirm Email Address
- Note: if you register as a guest, a personal email is required. If you attempt to register using a .edu email address, an error will appear that states "Please use a personal (non-edu) email to register as a guest. If you have a Handshake account associated with a .edu email, you can log in below."
3. Click Continue to proceed. An email will be sent to the email address used with a link to confirm your registration. This email must be received and the confirmation button clicked in order to complete registration and be able to join the session.
If the email isn't received within 30-45 minutes after registration, click the link to Resend email.
- Note: Since this is an automated email, we recommend to check bulk/spam mail folders if the message isn't in your inbox!
4. To confirm your email, click the red button Confirm Email in the email received. The confirmation email will have the following content:
Subject: "Complete your registration for EVENT NAME"
"You're almost done
Once you confirm your email below, you can then complete your registration for Working in the Confectionery Industry on the event page."
5. The page will load to the event overview page with a confirmation pop-up in the lower-right corner indicating success. Click Register to complete your registration, in the upper-right corner of the page.
6. After clicking Register, a registration email will be sent to the email address –– this is your e-ticket for the event. To join the event, click the red button Join Event in the email received. The registration email will have the following content:
Subject: "Your e-ticket to Working in the Confectionery Industry"
"Get ready to attend -
DAY, DATE, TIME + TIMEZONE
This email is your ticket. On the day of the event, use the button below to join.
Note: The video link will be enabled 5 minutes before the start time"
On the day of the event, you may join up to 5 minutes prior to the start time. Click the blue Join event button to launch the video session (a new tab in your browser).
- If the session is hosted using Handshake video, you can refer to this resource for video requirements and troubleshooting steps.
After the session is over, the employer may choose to followup with you via email. This message would come to the same email address used to register, as shown in the example below: