Follow the steps in this article to access the Event Discovery page and register for events you'd like to participate in!
For more information on the Events Discovery page and using the filters to narrow results, refer to Discover Events & Fairs in Handshake.
1. Click on Events at the in the upper-left corner of the Handshake page, to the right of Jobs.
2. All events and fairs posted to your school will load by default. On the Event Discovery page, either click on Employers or Career from the menu in the upper-left corner of the page, or click the text View more, in the lower-right corner of the section you'd like to explore.
- Employers/Meet with employers includes all events and fairs with attending employers.
- Career/Invest in your career includes any career-focused events that are school-hosted with no attending employers.
3. Use the filters in the upper-middle of the page to narrow down your results, then click on the name of an event to view the details page.
4. Click the blue button Register in the upper-right corner of the page to register for the event.
If the event is hosted virtually and your profile is set to Private or Employers, a prompt may appear to update your privacy settings, depending on the video provider the employer prefers.
- If the event is hosted using Handshake video, you'll need to update to Community, as other students in Handshake will be able to join.
- If the event is hosted outside of Handshake, for example with Zoom, you'll need to be on Employers or Community.
For more information on privacy settings, please refer to Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
Some employers may choose to have you register outside of Handshake — if this is the case, the blue button in the upper-right will display External Registration.
5. Once you've registered for the event, the event will be added to the Registered section of events. To access, click either the white button Registered on the Events Discovery page, or the calendar icon in the upper-right corner of the search page.
Upon registering, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on your Handshake account indicating successful registration.
Subject: "Welcome to EVENT NAME"
"Thank you for signing up for EVENT NAME + HYPERLINK on Handshake.
Date and Time
DAY OF WEEK, MONTH DAY YEAR, TIME AM/PM
**If the event is facilitated virtually using Handshake video, the Where section will not be present.
**If the event is facilitated virtually with an external video provider, the link to join will be here.
**If the event is in-person, the event location will be listed.
To add this event and others in Handshake to your calendar, import the following URL to your calendar:
EVENT HOST NAME
Note: Automated notifications are provided prior to the event. However, these aren't enabled by default for new student accounts. For more details on notifications and steps to join a virtual event, please refer to Managing Your Notification Preferences and Attending a Virtual Event via Handshake.