Follow the steps in this article to access the event search page, use the provided filters, and register for events you'd like to participate in!
1. Click on Events at the in the upper-left corner of the Handshake page, to the right of Jobs.
2. All events and fairs posted to your school will load by default. You can use the filters at the top of this page to narrow displayed results, e.g. events or fairs happening this week, this month, virtually.
- Events that are hosted in-person will display the event type above the title.
- Virtual events will indicate either a Virtual Session (hosted outside of Handshake) or Handshake Virtual Session (hosted using Handshake Video).
- Use the bookmark icon to save an event for later.
- Check Your schedule on the right of the page to see existing event and fair registrations.
3. Click on the name of an event from the list to view more information.
Click the Register button in the upper-right corner of the page to register for the event.
If the event is hosted virtually and your profile is set to Private or Employers, a prompt may appear to update your privacy settings, depending on the video provider the employer prefers.
- If the event is hosted using Handshake video, you'll need to update to Community, as other students in Handshake will be able to join.
- If the event is hosted outside of Handshake, for example with Zoom, you'll need to be on Employers or Community.
For more information on privacy settings, please refer to Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
Some employers may choose to have you register outside of Handshake - if this is the case, the blue button in the upper-right will read External Registration.
4. Once you've registered for the event, the event will be added to the Your schedule on the right of the Event search page.
Upon registering, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on your Handshake account indicating successful registration.
Subject: "Welcome to EVENT NAME"
"Thank you for signing up for EVENT NAME + HYPERLINK on Handshake.
Date and Time
DAY OF WEEK, MONTH DAY YEAR, TIME AM/PM
**If the event is facilitated virtually using Handshake video, the Where section will not be present.
**If the event is facilitated virtually with an external video provider, the link to join will be here.
**If the event is in-person, the event location will be listed.
To add this event and others in Handshake to your calendar, import the following URL to your calendar:
EVENT HOST NAME
Note: Automated notifications are provided prior to the event, however, these are not enabled by default for new student accounts. For more details on notifications and steps to join a virtual event, please refer to Managing Your Notification Preferences and Attending a Virtual Event via Handshake.