Follow the steps in this article to register for events you'd like to participate in!
For more information on discovering events in Handshake, and using the filters to narrow your results, refer to Discover Events & Fairs in Handshake.
1. Click Events in the in the upper-left corner of the Handshake page, to the right of Jobs.
2. All events and fairs posted to your school will load by default — use the magnifying glass icon and filters to find an event of interest.
3. Click on the events tile to load the details page — the details page includes a description of the event, location, date and time, what you'll get out of the event, alumni speakers (if any), and a list of Similar events for you to explore.
- If the event includes an attending employer, key information about the employer will be presented as well.
- If your school has added a note about the event, it'll be displayed at the bottom of the page.
4. Once you've found an event you'd like to attend, click the blue button Register in the upper-right corner of the page to register for the event.
If the event is hosted virtually and your profile is set to Private or Employers, a prompt may appear to update your privacy settings, depending on the video provider the employer prefers.
- If the event is hosted using Handshake video, you'll need to update to Community.
- If the event is hosted outside of Handshake, for example, with Zoom, you'll need to update to Employers or Community.
For more information on privacy settings, please refer to Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
Note: some employers may choose to have you register outside of Handshake — if this is the case, the blue button Register will include an icon with a square and an arrow, which indicates that you're being directed to an external registration link.
Upon your return to Handshake, click Yes or No within the pop-up to confirm whether you registered for the event through the external link.
To confirm your registration for the event, a green circle with a checkmark will appear in the upper-right corner of the page next to You're registered! The amount of days until the event will also be present.
5. Once you've registered for the event, the event will be added to the Registered section in Handshake.
To access, click the white button Registered with the calendar icon in the upper-right corner of the events page.
Upon registering, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address on your Handshake account indicating successful registration.
Subject: "Welcome to EVENT NAME"
"Thank you for signing up for EVENT NAME + HYPERLINK on Handshake.
Date and Time
DAY OF WEEK, MONTH DAY YEAR, TIME AM/PM
**If the event is facilitated virtually using Handshake video, the Where section will not be present.
**If the event is facilitated virtually with an external video provider, the link to join will be here.
**If the event is in-person, the event location will be listed.
To add this event and others in Handshake to your calendar, import the following URL to your calendar:
EVENT HOST NAME
Note: Automated notifications are provided prior to the event. However, these aren't enabled by default for new student accounts. For more details on notifications and steps to join a virtual event, please refer to Managing Your Notification Preferences and Attending a Virtual Event via Handshake.