You’ve been approved for an interview schedule at a school, and have started receiving applications. Great! Now what? This article will tell you how to manage your applicants for your preselect interview schedule.
If you have not yet requested an interview schedule, refer to How to Request an Interview Schedule at a School.
- Click On-Campus Interviews from the left navigation bar.
- Click directly on the name of the interview you’d like to view applicants for.
- Alternatively, you may click the person icon with a number next to it under Applicants.
- If applicable, click Review Applicants towards the middle of the page to be taken to the Applicants page.
All applicants will be displayed on the page, along with columns for the job they are interviewing for, the number of preferences they meet, application status, slot, and the date of their application.
- After a student signs up for a slot in the schedule, their slot status changes to include a green checked calendar icon.
From here, you can take the following actions:
- Filter applicants based on specific attributes.
- Perform individual or bulk actions on applicants.
- Select candidates to interview, and designate selected applicants as “primary” or “alternate”.
- Add an applicant to the interview schedule.
From here, use the filters on the left of the page to identify applicants based on:
- Keyword Search
- Interview Slot Taken
- Sourced Students
- Hide Late Applications
- Status (Application Status)
- Not Labels
- Employer Division
- Job Applied For
- Job Type
- Employment Type
- Individual Majors
- Date: select a range: Start date - End date (application created date)
Use the filters (checkboxes) at the top of the applicants table to identify candidates that match the preferences selected on this job posting:
- Graduation Date / School Years
- Work Authorization
Click directly on the applicant name to view their profile and documents submitted with their application.
Applicant bulk actions
Select the checkbox(es) next to relevant applicants to access bulk actions:
- Message Applicants
- For more details, refer to Messaging Applicants.
- Download applicant packages (PDF, Zip, and CSV options)
- Learn how to Download Applications / Create a Resume Book.
- Add or remove labels
- Add students to interview group
- Learn more about Adding Students to an Interview Group.
- Remove students from interview group
- Mark applications primary, hired, or declined
- See Status Management.
Handshake provides custom automated applicant messaging based on application status. For steps to set this up or review your settings, check out Applicant Status Messaging Preferences.
As displayed above, you can update applications in bulk, as well as update individual application statuses from the status dropdown in each row. For more information, refer to Managing Applicant Status.
If you'd like to learn more about what each status represents, we recommend Definitions: Application Statuses.