If your job post has expired and you would like to re-open it for applicants, follow the steps below to renew the post.
1. Click Jobs in the left navigation bar, then click the Expired tab to identify expired postings. You can use the column headers to sort the jobs listed.
If an expected job post is not listed under expired, there are 2-3 view filters that may impact which jobs are displayed, depending on your company settings. Click each of the following to change listed job postings:
- Your Employer's Schools OR Your Favorite Schools: This Handshake filter is in the upper-right corner of the screen, to the left of Help. Click on the text to switch displayed data across all of Handshake between schools you've favorited and all schools your company is approved to connect with.
- Edit this: This jobs view filter is toward the upper-left of the page, next to the Jobs heading. Click Edit this to switch displayed job postings between only jobs you've created or all jobs created for your company.
- *Divisions: If your company has configured divisions for different departments using Handshake, click the Divisions dropdown in the jobs table, in the row above the column headers. Divisions at your company will be listed in descending order of number of times linked to postings –– use the keyword search or click All Options to display additional division options.
2. Click on the job title to be renewed to load the job overview page.
3. Click the blue Target More Schools button on the right of the page to be taken to the Schools tab for this posting.
4. The Schools tab enables you to send requests to add more schools and edit apply start or end dates either per school or for all requested schools.
Optional Step: To request this job be posted at additional schools, you can either click inside the box labeled Search your schools to add job postings for a dropdown or keyword search, or click on Add All Schools directly under this search box to add all schools not already added to the posting.
Note: the schools listed are based on the selected Handshake view filter referenced in step 1.
To renew an expired posting for an individual school, locate the school in the list, then click on the calendar icon to the right of the Expiration Date box to select a new expiration date and time.
Editing the Global Expiration date will mass-update this date for all Schools currently listed on this posting.
Important Note: You must select both a date and specific time from the calendar icon in order for the date to update and save. Date and time selections will be reflected in the Expiration Date box.
5. Click Save in the lower-right corner of the page to save your changes and send the renewal request to selected schools.
After saving, the status of the job will update from 'expired' to 'pending', as each schools' career services team will need to approve the updated posting.
If you would like to renew the job posting but would not like past applicants to be associated with it, you may duplicate the job and post the duplicate instead. For more information, refer to How to Duplicate a Job Posting.