If you've had few or no responses on your job posting, there's a few steps you can take to improve your response rate.
- Fill out all the information on your job and company page. Students are much more likely to apply to a detailed job posted by a company with detailed information in Handshake. To learn how to edit your company profile, please see How to Edit Your Company Profile.
- If your Trust Score is 80 or above, you also have the ability to search and message qualified students directly; follow the steps here - How to Send a Student a Message.
- New employers with a Trust Score of N/A or lower than 80 will not be able to message students. This is to ensure that students are contacted by trusted employers via Handshake. You can read more here - Why can't I message students?
- Please note: Companies can contact up to 100 students per recruiting season.
- Lastly, if you've done all you can and your numbers are still lower than you'd like, contact the Career Services Centre at each university, as they may have some thoughts on the lack of applicants, or suggestions to attract them.
- You can always find the contact information for an institution's Career Services. One way is to search in the top search bar, and then scroll partway down the institution's page to their listed contact information. Another way is to look in your 'institutions' in the left hand menu, and click on the name of the university. This way will also take you to the university page, where you can find the contact information.
If you would like additional resources, check out our recorded webinar: Handshake 101 for Employers.